In an effort to help in whatever way we can, Dr. Ben and I have decided to match any donation made by the Cornerstone team to the Canadian Red Cross’ Alberta Fires Appeal. In times of devastation, we subscribe to the idea that even a coast away, it falls to all of us to support our fellows.
If you feel as we feel, here are some of many ways that you can contribute to the cause, and help those who have lost their homes, and their health, to the Fort McMurray wildfire:
1. To donate any amount to the Red Cross Alberta Fires Appeal, follow the link
2. Donate $5 by texting REDCROSS to 30333
3. Donate $10 by texting FIRES to 45678
4. For displaced and distressed pets, the Calgary Humane Society has put out an urgent request for hard plastic kennels to house these animals. They can be dropped off at 4455 110 Avenue SE
5. To donate any amount to the Salvation Army’s Alberta Fire Response, follow the link
6. Speak up in support of Ottawa’s commitment to matching all donations made to Red Cross
We wish all those who have been affected by the Fort McMurray wildfire strength through this difficult time.